Auckland Swimming Association is governed by a Board and managed by the Executive Officer in conjunction with the Executive Groups.
The Board comprises of:
- The President (ex officio)
- Six members (elected) and holding office for a term of 3 years.
- The Chairman is elected from within the Board.
- Two additional members may be co-opted by the Board from time to time
The key elements of the Board's governing role is to:
- set strategic direction and priorities
- set policies and management performance expectations
- monitors and evaluates organizational achievements
- provide financial governance for the Association